Online Coaching & Remote Fitness Training
The Tactical Human Institute ("THI") is an Online Coaching & Remote Fitness Training company based in Middle Tennessee. Initially founded in Denver, Colorado, during the fall of 2020, THI is a product of Coach Benton Lewis' four years of experience working with civilian, military, and first responder athletes. THI's evolving training methodology incorporates health, fitness, and athleticism, with additional consideration for the physical demands of tactical professions.
Our mission at Tactical Human is to empower military, law enforcement, and first responder professionals to enhance their physical and mental performance through evidence-based training programs. We believe that by providing personalized training and coaching services, we can help our members achieve their full potential and succeed in their chosen fields. We are committed to staying up-to-date with the latest research and developments in the field of strength and conditioning, and we incorporate this knowledge into our members' training programs. We strive to create a community of like-minded individuals dedicated to achieving their goals and improving their overall health and performance.
Benefits of Training
- Improve Physical Fitness and Athleticism - As your personal Human Performance Team, we design and implement fitness programs tailored to your needs. These programs help improve your overall physical fitness, strength, and endurance, enhancing performance and reducing the risk of injuries.
- Injury Mitigation and Reconditioning - Your coaches assess and address injury risk factors to help mitigate injury risk. In case of an injury, your team will design and implement reconditioning programs to help you recover quickly and safely, allowing you to return to duty as soon as possible.
- Improve Tactical Performance - We also provide performance coaching, which includes identifying performance gaps, developing individualized training plans, and monitoring progress. This helps you perform at your best and achieve your full potential.
- Health - Our plans meet or exceed the Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans published by the Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. While not explicit, our training also addresses Anthropometry and Body Composition, Balance & Stability, Flexibility, and Coordination.
- TAC SEPA - Tactical Speed, Explosiveness, Power, and Agility training with and without Load.
- Strength - Muscular Strength and Endurance training relative to body weight.
- Upper Hypertrophy - Upper Body Muscular Hypertrophy training.
- Work Capacity - High-intensity, moderate efforts (up to 30 minutes) mirroring the physical demands of intense tactical operations.
- Speed Endurance Intervals - Multiple Endurance intervals to train Speed over longer distances.
- Endurance - Aerobic and Cardiovascular Endurance via Walking/Jogging/Running, Rucking, Swimming, or an alternative form of conditioning.
- Chassis Integrity - Typically completed while standing or kneeling, these longer, timed-based efforts emphasize the core, lungs, and legs to prepare the body for movement under Load.
- Stamina - Longer training events or multiple moderate training events to train mental fortitude and recovery from long events.